Friday, December 19, 2008

Calzones, the perfect winter comfort food

It is beyond cold in the D, here is a music video to further express my feelings. You know, musically that is;



Last night we had a "thundersnow" scare, which is a combination of thunder and snow (oh so clever name) that left a whole lot of white stuff everywhere. Needless to say I couldn't leave the house, but not because I didn't want to. The all-mighty Saturn says when I can leave, and she was stuck in her spot today.

I've been in this peculiar calzone kick, even though i don't particularity eat a great deal of bread. 

I love to make my own bread, but sometimes I don't want to bother. The best thing about most pizza places is you can buy their homemade dough balls- The perfect tip for the lazy-broke-urbanite.

I made this creation tonight
Photobucket

Calzone veggie sandwich. I stuffed it with Dr. Preagers veggie burgers & onions

Photobucket
then I made some mini Frenchfries and a side of BBQ sauce for dipping.

The other day I made one filled with herb tofu.
Photobucket

and this one is stuffed with sausage and vegan cheese (tofu&nutritional yeast)
Photobucket

peace & calzone grease!

2 comments:

madness rivera said...

Classic. So cold in the D. How the f*ck are we supposed to keep the peace . . . or the beat.

I love that your dog is staring down the tofu calzone.

Shopping Blog said...

Getting a topaz ring as links london jewellery jewelry gifts from better-half is no lower than an awesome joy. discount links of london bracelets Many ladies do admire such jewelry sparkling through charms links of london their fingers. If you may get to own one as gift, links of london silver watches you will definitely appreciate such beauty and elegance for high class cheap links of london necklaces type of jewelry. Those who know what the actual worth of gemstones will links london pendants certainly love to have one added into their collection.